čas: 27.9.2023 06:22:18
Obnovit | RAW
---Nová url--- (newurl_...)
CMS: Odkaz na newurlCMS
Obnovit | RAW
Event is addressed to UCT Prague foreign researchers, their family members, foreign Ph.D., M.Sc. and Bc. students.
- : on Sunday 15/10/2023, from 2:45 PM to 5:00 PM
- : Praha 2 – Vyšehrad, V Pevnosti 159/5b, https://www.praha-vysehrad.cz/en/stranky/145/map
- : in front of the entrance to the Basilica of St. Peter and St. Paul
- : by Metro C line, to the station Vyšehrad,
- Organised by: Ing. Anna Mittnerová, Welcome Office
- Guided by: Ing. Martin Belohradský, interpretation in English
- Questions can be sent to:
On Thursday, September 14, join the Culture Course led by Caleb Daniel House, MSc. (USA).
Caleb House was born and raised in Northern California. Since 2003 he has lived in 10 countries across Europe, Asia, and Africa as a student, volunteer, teacher, researcher, and project manager. Along the way, he slowly realized that the deep differences in culture are not the main problem, rather the way we think about culture can have a make-or-break impact on the experience abroad. Through a long process of failures and successes, he developed a set of tools to overcome the challenges and to make the most of living in a foreign country. Since 2018 he has worked in the International Relations Office of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
The Culture Course provides insight into culture shock, culture fatigue, how to think about culture when you're a foreigner, or how to make the most of your time in a foreign country despite challenges.
Please log in and register yourself here:
The Miroslav Vlček Extraordinary Scholarship is a form of honoring the memory of the professor Miroslav Vlček – the spiritual father of the idea and the coordinator of the Study in Prague consortium (2015–2019), which brought together seven Prague public universities and attracted hundreds of foreign students to study in Prague. The Miroslav Vlček Extraordinary Scholarship aims to contribute to the higher internationalization of the university environment of public universities in Prague by increasing the number of foreign students studying in foreign language study programs.
Conditions for awarding the scholarship
1. The Miroslav Vlček Extraordinary Scholarship is awarded in accordance with § 91 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on universities, as amended, and the Scholarship Rules of UCT Prague.
2. Students who are not citizens of the Czech Republic may apply for a scholarship.
3. The student must study an English-taught bachelor's, master's, or doctoral full-time degree program.
4. Disciplinary proceedings may not be conducted against the student.
5. The student will not exceed 36 years of age in the year the scholarship is awarded.
6. The application for the grant of the scholarship is submitted by the student on the prescribed form.
Deadlines for submitting applications and the selection process
The application form for Miroslav Vlček Extraordinary Scholarship is published at the address: https://study.vscht.cz/studying-at-uct/financial-support-for-students. The form contains the applicant's identification data and a description of his contribution to the support of the internationalization of the study environment of UCT Prague, and the signature of at least one lecturer of the given student expressing his consent to the application for the scholarship. The application can be submitted either directly by the student or by his lecturer to the Department of International Relations.
Incomplete or incorrectly filled forms will be excluded from the selection process.
Application deadline: 11/11/2023.
Announcement of tender results: by November 30 of the given calendar year.
When selecting a scholarship recipient, his/her extraordinary contribution to UCT Prague contributing to the strengthening of the international reputation of the institution and studies in Prague is evaluated (e.g. exceptional extracurricular activities in the form of project involvement; research; spreading the good name of UCT Prague and Czech higher education in the world).
The Vice-Rector for International Relations decides on the awarding of the scholarship. The Vice-Rector can also decide not to award the scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded to one student in a given calendar year and its amount is CZK 30,000.
When awarding scholarships, the quality of the application processing is also taken into account, and whether the student has already received a scholarship in the past years.
Nominated students will be informed about the results of the selection process by authorized staff.
The award-winning student will be invited to a ceremony to hand over the Decision on Awarding the Scholarship, which will take place on December 5, 2023, in the Residence of the Mayor of the city of Prague.
The scholarship will be sent to the student's account, listed in the study information system, within one month after the announcement of the results.
We are pleased to announce that the Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship will begin accepting online applications for the 2024-25 academic year on September 1. The application window will close on November 15, 2023.
The fellowship offers funding of approximately 188,000 Israeli shekels to each of the 24 postdocs selected annually. Beyond financial support, Fellows benefit from enrichment activities and events, networking opportunities, and personalized support. Azrieli Fellows have the flexibility to conduct research in any academic discipline at eligible institutions in Israel. The fellowship welcomes applications from candidates across the globe.
All essential information for the application process can be found below. Please note that candidates are required to secure an academic sponsor prior to applying.
Should you have any inquiries regarding the process, please feel free to reach out to us.
Ceighley & the Azrieli team
The Welcome Office organised the second guided tour of the sights of Prague for our foreign students and researchers, which took place on Saturday 20/05/2023. This time we visited the wonderful premises of the Strahov Monastery in Prague, its gallery, we looked into the ancient libraries and the halls with the exhibition of old collections of curiosities.
A detailed explanation of the history of the monastery and interesting exhibits was again given by our former UCT graduate Ing. Martin Belohradsky.
The tour of the monastery was attended by 27 of our foreign students and scientists, including the six-year-old daughter of our Indian scientist Dr. Amutha Subramani. Everyone really liked it, as can be seen from the attached photos, and our foreigners expressed their interest in continuing these guided tours of Prague.
Are you interested in more information or do you have any ideas for planning other cultural events? Feel free to write us to firstname.lastname@example.org
On 23.8. a Taiwanese delegation of nine distinguished scientists from four Taiwanese universities visited the UCT Prague. The discussion during the meeting attended by the rector of the UCT Prague prof. Matějka and representatives of all four faculties was focused on scientific cooperation and the possibility of student exchange The delegation then visited the university brewery.
Taiwan Scientists Delegation
- Prof Sinn-wen Chen (陳信文), National Tsing Hua University
- Prof Bing-Joe Hwang (黃秉照) National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
- Prof Nae-lihWu (吳乃立) National Taiwan University
- Prof Bing-Hung Chen (陳炳宏)National Cheng Kung University
- Prof Kuo-lunTung (童國倫) National Taiwan University
- Prof De-HaoTsai(蔡德豪) National Tsing Hua University
- Prof Li-Hsien Yeh(葉禮賢) National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
- Prof Ho-HsiuChou(周鶴修) National Tsing Hua University
- Prof Hong-weiYen (顏宏偉) Tunghai University
UCT Prague was visited by prof. HUI-MIN DAVID WANG from the partner National Chung Hsing University [NCHU] (Taiwan). UCT has been cooperating with NCHU since 2011, when the memorandum of cooperation for student exchange was signed. At the meeting with prof. Wang current information about the possibilities of student mobility and areas of scientific cooperation between UCT Prague and NCHU were outlined and discussed.
We would like to draw your attention to the approaching deadline for submitting scholarships for a one-year study stay in Bavaria. The deadline for submitting scholarship applications for the academic year 2022/23 is December 1, 2021.
The scholarship is intended to finance a follow-up master's or doctoral degree at a Bavarian public university and can be extended for a maximum of 3 years. The scholarship can also be awarded for a one-year study stay in Bavaria as part of a doctoral study at a Czech public university.
More information is available on the website https://www.btha.cz/en/stipendia/studium-v-bavorsku and if you have any questions (in Czech, German or English), you can contact Martin Guttenberger, Scholarship Program Officer (email@example.com).
- 27/Sep/2023 17:00 - 19:30UA-CZ Science Meetup
- 29/Sep/2023 0:10 - 23:50Application deadline for study stay abroad
- 10/Oct/2023 15:00 - 16:00Webinář ke stipendijním pobytům v německy mluvících zemích
- 10/Oct/2023 16:00 - 17:00BTHA - online akce "Za studiem do Bavorska"
- 31/Oct/2023 1:00 - 23:50AKTION ČR-Rakousko: Termín pro podání žádosti o stipendia na LS 2024
- 1/Nov/2023 23:30 - 23:50Fulbrightovo stipendium pro vědce a přednášející
- 16/Nov/2023 1:00 - 23:50Bilaterální spolupráce - stipendia švýcarské vlády