Please wait...
Nepřihlášený uživatel
You are here: UCT Prague - International office -  → International Staff → Current academic / researcher → Administrative matters of stay in the ČR → Extension of student's residence permit
iduzel: 57838
idvazba: 67934
šablona: stranka_obrazek_vertical
čas: 26.2.2024 19:59:40
verze: 5351
branch: trunk
Obnovit | RAW
iduzel: 57838
idvazba: 67934
---Nová url--- (newurl_...)
domena: ''
jazyk: 'en'
url: '/international-staff/current-staff/administrative-matters/57838'
iduzel: 57838
path: 1/41862/41864/41898/49143/57064/57355/57838
CMS: Odkaz na newurlCMS
branch: trunk
Obnovit | RAW

Extension of student's residence permit


For  the extension of your long-term residence permit with the purpose of scientific research you need to apply at the Immigration office (Ministry of Interior).

The application form must be submitted no earlier than 120 days before the expiry  of your residence card and no later than the last day of the validity of your residence permit. 

You will need to provide to the Immigration office:

  • Green application: needs to be printed out in colors, filled up in Czech language; in Nr. 15 write: STUDIUM

  • Passport – copy of the first page with your personal details and of all pages with any stamp or visa

  • Proof of study

  • Accommodation contract in Czech, original

  • 1 passport size picture (3.5 x 4.5 cm)

  • proof of funds

  • medical insurance - comprehensive health insurance for the whole period of your stay

  • KOLEK (revenue stamps) in the amount of 2 500 CZK - stick it to the green application form under point 33


 There are 2 ways to prove that you have sufficient amount of money for the whole period of your stay

  • A bank account statement
    • 1 semester – 78 250 CZK
    • 1 year – 115 810 CZK

  • A document proving your monthly income

In case you are employed, you need to provide a confirmation of your net salary.

You monthly income should be approximatelly

  • 9000 CZK in case you are living at the UCT dorms and
  • 12 860 CZK in case you are living in a private appartment

These costs should cover the subsistence minimum for living ( 4 470 CZK) plus the highest amount of normative housing costs (9000 CZK) or housing costs you actually spend.

ATTENTION! A scholarship is NOT a proof of funds



  1. You should buy a commercial medical insurance for the whole period of your stay. You should choose the comprehensive option with the below provider:

2.   In case you are employed, the medical insurance is covered by your employer.

ATTENTION! In case you have a DPP contract with salary less than 10 000 CZK, your employer does not cover your medical insurance

Updated: 5.6.2023 14:06, Author: Jitka Tomanová

UCT Prague
Technická 5
166 28 Prague 6 – Dejvice
IČO: 60461373 / VAT: CZ60461373

Czech Post certified digital mail code: sp4j9ch

Copyright: UCT Prague
Information provided by the Department of International Relations and the Department of R&D. Technical support by the Computing Centre.