Within the first 3 days after your arrival, you should make a registration at OAMP (Asylum and Immigration department) which is a part of the Ministry of the Interior.
During the Pandemic it is possible to do so after the end of your quarantine.
MOI office Praha - workplace Letná
Nad Štolou 936/3
Praha 7 - Holešovice (Letná)
Mo - Th: 8.00 - 16.00
Fr: 8.00 - 14.00
Entrance to the building is possible via prior appointment only!
Before going to the Ministry of Interior, please send via email to the UCT Mobility Coordinator the following documents:
- “entry visa”
- “entry stamp” from Praha airport or “entry stamp” from another Schengen country
- filled in and signed document „Prohlášení o příjezdu“
- accommodation contract in Czech language – please ask at the dorms office
Then, the UCT Mobility Coordinator will book and appointment at the Ministry for you.
What is going to happen at the Ministry:
You will have to go there twice :
- first for your registration (with passport and accommodation contract), your biometric data will be taken (your fingerprints and picture of you)
- second time (in about 2 weeks from the first visit) you will pick up your residence permit card. That will be your visa in the Czech Republic. The second appointment will be given to you by the Ministry officer.
How to get there:
From the university you can take a train number 26 from Dejvická to Letenské náměstí. It is only about 10 minutes.
From Sazava dorms you can catch the bus number 177 (bus station Volha) to metro station Opatov. From Opatov station you will take the metro to the Vltavská station. And then you will take the tram (number 1, 12, 25 ) to Letenské náměstí.
It is a huge old building, the entrance is from the street where the trams go, you will see a small statue of Czech lion on the wall. Make sure you use the entrance from the street Milady Horákové.