Step into a world of discovery and innovation in chemistry and technology with traineeship opportunities at the University of Chemistry and Technology (UCT) in Prague. Our university cooperates with various traineeship programs designed to immerse students in academic research and practical application.
Welcome to our university's traineeship exchange programmes webpage for exchange students!
UCT Prague is a natural centre of first-rate study and research in the area of chemistry in the Czech republic and is one of the country's largest educational and research institutions focused on technical chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, material and chemical engineering, food chemistry, and environmental studies.
Our university presents international students with the opportunity to experience our lively academic community and immerse themselves in a new cultural and educational environment. At UCT Prague, students' passion for chemistry and technology can meet the limitless realm of practical experience thanks to our modern laboratories furnished with advanced and top-tier equipment. The laboratories at UCT Prague also serve as dynamic settings where students evolve into adept researchers, actively participating in significant projects that drive scientific progress.
Currently UCT Prague boasts a number of excellent experts such as Jana Hajšlová, member of the EU Advisory Group “Food Quality and Safety”; František Štěpánek, who has been awarded an ERC grant; Martin Pumera, head of the excellent team for advanced functional nanorobots.
UCT Prague researchers were very successful within the European Community framework programme, HORIZON 2020, and are actively involved in developing many new research projects and collaborations.
Notable prior efforts include:
- RECOBA, Assoc. Prof. Juraj Kosek, Cross-sectorial real-time sensing, advanced control and optimisation of batch processes saving energy and raw materials
- PARTIAL-PGMs, Assoc. Prof. Petr Kočí, Development of novel, high Performance hybrid TWV/GPF Automotive afteR treatment systems by raTIonAL design: substitution of PGMs and Rare earth materials
- SElySOs, Prof. Karel Bouzek, Development of new electrode materials and understanding of degradation mechanisms on Solid Oxide High Temperature Electrolysis Cells
- SuPER-W, Prof. Pavel Jeníček, Assoc. Prof. Jan Bartáček, Sustainable Product, Energy and Resource Recovery from Wastewater
- Food Quality Projects : FoodSmartphone, Smartphone analyzers for on-site testing of food quality and safety; MultiCoop, Multidisciplinary approach to strengthen cooperation and establish novel platform for comprehensive assessment of food and feed safety; AUTHENT-NET – Food Authenticity Research Network, Prof. Jana Hajšlová, Monika Tomaniová, PhD
- Science education: SCICHALLENGE, Petr Holzhauser, MSc, Next generation science challenges using participatory techniques and digital media
Traineeship exchange program opportunities
UCT Prague is active in various exchange programs and offers opportunities for traineeships that can provide valuable experiences for students looking to gain international experience and practical knowledge in the chemistry field. Visit our webpage about the programmes overview so that you can learn in detail about them.
Erasmus+ is a European Union (EU) program that offers a range of opportunities for students, including traineeships, to gain international experience and enhance their skills. Erasmus+ traineeships provide students with the chance to undertake a work placement or internship in another European country.
Erasmus+ offers mobility and cooperation opportunities in
- higher education
- vocational education and training
- school education (including early childhood education and care)
- adult education
- and sport
Detailed information on these opportunities, including eligibility criteria, is available in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
The outcomes of Erasmus+ are available in reports and compendia of statistics, as well as through the Erasmus+ Projects Platform. This includes most of the initiatives funded by the programme and a selection of good practices and success stories.
In accordance with the university's strategic goals, UCT Prague actively participates in international initiatives which broaden and deepen cooperation in education and scientific research with both European and non-European partners.
The basic pillars of international activities are interinstitutional cooperation agreements, multiple and joint degree programmes with other universities, Erasmus+ and other international programmes exchange activities (both incoming and outgoing student and staff exchanges), and international scientific and research projects.
UCT Prague is interested in partnerships with well-respected institutions worldwide which share similar visions and values. The international cooperation is administered by the Department of International Relations in cooperation with the Department of Research and Development, both managed by the respective Vice-Rectors.
International Education Exchange Programmes
UCT Prague is actively involved in a number of student and staff exchange programmes:
- ERASMUS+ (KA103, KA107)
- ERASMUS MUNDUS
Besides, the University offers the students to enrol for studies in Master's and Doctoral double degree programmes with partner universities, and students might also use the programme free-mover for exchanges worldwide. More information on the traineeship and scholarship offer for students is available on the webpage Exchange Programmes Overview.
UCT Prague cooperates and intensively supports activities of the university's international student organizations, such as ESN (Erasmus Student Network), which mainly assists international students in adapting to new study and life conditions in Prague.