Colours in the Course catalogue indicate the faculty
|FCHT = Faculty of Chemical Technology|
|FTOP = Faculty of Environmental Technology|
|FPBT = Faculty of Food and Biochemistry Technology|
|FCHI = Faculty of Chemical Engineering|
|DEM = Department of Economics and Management|
How to choose your courses from the catalogue?
- To prevent course overlap in your timetable, do not mix courses from FCHT faculty with courses from FTOP and FPBT
FCHT + FCHI
FTOP + FPBT + FCHI
FCHT + FTOP + FPBT R
- Students should choose only within the respective level - undergraduate (Bachelor) or graduate (Master). If you combine courses from undergraduate and graduate levels, you will most likely have to deal with timetable overlaps and change your Learning Agreement.
- The number of courses registered per semester must be for the minimum of 20 credits.
n Due to a large number of courses offered, some schedule overlaps might occur even if you follow the instruction.
UCT Prague uses ECTS grading scale and credit system.
Catalogue for 2022/2023
Please read carefully syllabus, requirements, and other important information related to individual courses to avoid any misunderstandings later. To read the syllabus search for the course here.
- The capacity of courses is limited.
- UCT Prague cannot guarantee that all the courses included in the catalogue will be open. It depends on the number of registered students. Students will be informed about the final course offer during the Enrollment day in September. Students will be allowed to change their Learning Agreement during the first 3 weeks of the semester.
Undergraduate (Bachelor's) courses - the code of the course starts with AB
Graduate courses (Master's)- the code of the course starts with AM
Catalogue for 2023/2024
- It will be updated in March 2023.
Project or Internship
To attend a Project or an Internship at UCT Prague, your personal initiative in searching for your UCT Prague supervisor is most appreciated - you or your home university coordinator are encouraged to address a potential supervisor directly. Links to all four faculty websites and their departments are available below. You can also ask the Faculty Coordinators to help you find a suitable supervisor.
- Subsequent administrative work will be done with the Department of International Relations (contact e-mail: email@example.com)
Please note that in case you will not have a supervisor before your arrival to Prague, you will not be able to do the internship / you will have to delete the project and replace it with courses.
If you would like to pursue a research project or an internship at the UCT Prague, send your motivational letter, CV and Transcript of Records to the Faculty Coordinators and include the Department of International Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the CC of the email.
In your email to the faculty coordinator/potential supervisor add these three attachments + also introduce yourself and present your experiences and background:
- Area of interest/topic of your work
- Faculty and/or department suitable for your work
- Your laboratory experience and academic background
- UCT Prague supervisor's name (in case that you have been already in contact with him/her)
- If you are interested in doing a Project please indicate the type (A-30credits, B-15 credits, C-10credits)
For detailed information about how to apply for a supervisor, you can download this infosheet.
For those who would be interested in the project or internship in the Faculty of Environmental Technology, we suggest checking the offer from the Department of Water Technology and Environmental Engineering - their infosheet provides you with all the necessary information for the application process - the task description, literature, requirements, etc.
- To find out more and apply, send your CV and motivational letter to Ing. Vojtěch Kouba, Ph.D.: email@example.com.
Work in the laboratories involves direct contact with chemicals that might endanger the health of the student as well as put into danger the health of other persons. For this reason the Medical assessment of fitness to study at UCT Prague is requested.
Students taking a project A, B or C and trainees have to submit the confirmed form together with their application.
! Once you are accepted for a Project/traineeship it is only possible to cancel the project/traineeship in exceptional cases (good reason should be provided, it has to be announced enough time in advance). This is because our laboratories are reserving the place for you (other applicants might be rejected, reservations for instruments are done, coworkers are registered for you etc.) which makes it very complicated for us to cancel the planned projects/traineeships at last minute.
prof. Dr. Ing. Karel Bouzek
Doc. Ing. David Kubička, Ph.D. MBA.
Ing. Monika Tomaniová, Ph.D.
Ing. Pavel Hrnčiřík, Ph.D